I can think of 5 reasons:
- Everyone who can use a mobile phone camera can use it.
- Instagram is simple to set up and really easy to use.
- It creates huge awareness if you want to promote a business
- Safe for your kids to use by setting up a private account allowing only nearest and dearest to view posts
- It's incredibly sociable and you can be in total control
The world as we see it
It has made us all appreciate the things around us more.
For instance I have never seen so many sunrises and sunsets posted.
It is so lovely to see how everyone is capturing the world as they see it.
And just a few facts:
- Instagram is the fastest growing social media platform
- More than 300 million users
- Those users share more than 70 million images every day
So are you on Instagram yet?
You will need a very good camera phone at least which enables you to upload the Instagram App or an iPad is good too.
By the way, you can't upload from your computer. This is purely for mobile devices.
Never be satisfied with a second rate image.A few tips:
- Make sure your subject is in good light
- Rather than use your phone camera to zoom in, get in closer to ensure a quality image
- Only use filters if they enhance your image. If you have to use a filter try Photoshop Express - an app which I know you can upload to iPhone or iPad.
- Use the #hashtag symbol if you want to increase your chance of engagement. Instagram allows up to 30, but more common to use 5-10
- The minute you type a # followed by a keyword, it will bring up popular keywords and phrases
- One of my most popular posts below with 15 #keywords and #phrases
Really hope this helps and if you do sign up, let me know and I'll follow you.
Be good to see you too Essential Images Instagram