Dictionary Meaning of 'The Doldrums'
A belt of calms, sudden storms and light unpredictable winds north of the Equator
Well I don't mean that at all!
May apply to sailors, but definitely not to me! Maybe ask Malcolm?
Let's try something else.
- When you're in the doldrums
Yep! That's more like it! 😙 That often happens!
So what do you do when you're in the doldrums, or a state of stagnation?
Actually, if I'm honest, it's not really stagnation with me. It's more that there's so much going on in my head that I can't think straight so I have to find some sanity in the chaos!
Let's do a list.
A list for me to remind myself that I can do something to stop all that:
- Curl up on the bed with a book. Something romantic should do it, after I've read Take Time For Yourself!
- Go for a long walk on the beach, forest or park. Take my camera and take time to appreciate what's around me.
- Watch something on TV to make you laugh. For me that's find Graham Norton or Michael McIntyre on iPlayer and have a 'laugh out loud moment'
- Put some uplifting music on. I love Michael Bolton 'Go the Distance' it makes me push on and focus. I also sing out loud to this (that's if I'm on my own) and it makes me feel great.
- And if I have money to spend. Have a pedicure, full on with foot massage. Heaven.