“When people ask me what equipment I use – I tell them my eyes.” — Anonymous
I love this quote, it's so true. You can have the most expensive camera in the world but if you don't know how to take a good photograph, what's the point?
See the picture
It's really important to learn how to use your eyes before even thinking about spending a fortune on a camera.
See the picture before you take it.
Eeek me many years ago .......when featured in the Woman and Home magazine on starting a photography business.
Training is important
When I was training for my qualification with the British Institute of Professional Photographers I learned very quickly how to see and frame an image.
Print after print was sent back scribbled on until I got it right.
And I so wanted to get it right as I wanted to become a professional photographer to earn respect and money! :)
It took me two years to get that qualification. I and my family were very proud. It was a great feeling.
If you want to get it right
So if you want to be a photographer and want to be the best it's important to get some training. After all you wouldn't become a vet, a doctor or any other professional without training would you?
- Use any camera, even your phone will do to begin with.
- Take a photo, print it off (it doesn't have to be a quality print so don't spend a fortune on it).
- Cut out a border or 4 strips of paper to create a border. Place over the image until you see an improved picture. Go on try it! You will be amazed.
- Take more photos and even more. It's fine, it's digital, you can delete.
- Remember 'practice makes perfect' = regular exercise of an activity or skill is the way to become proficient in it.
We're taking some time out for revamping website, blogs, instagram, basically a complete overhaul of Social Media!
More top tips coming in 2018
Please feel free to comment below with any questions.